turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

On my tax return I gave you my card number instead of my account number...

I gave the wrong account number
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Was this account number for your refund to be deposited to? 

Have you already e-filed your return? If you have already, you will not be able to change your bank details. You will have to wait to see if your return is accepted or rejected by the IRS. 

• If your return is rejected, then you can update your information and resubmit your return. 
  • If your return is accepted and the IRS cannot deposit your refund into your account, then a paper check will be mailed to you.

NOTE: If you have not filed yet, you can still change your information. (See the FAQ below for instructions) 

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302459

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Was this account number for your refund to be deposited to? 

Have you already e-filed your return? If you have already, you will not be able to change your bank details. You will have to wait to see if your return is accepted or rejected by the IRS. 

• If your return is rejected, then you can update your information and resubmit your return. 
  • If your return is accepted and the IRS cannot deposit your refund into your account, then a paper check will be mailed to you.

NOTE: If you have not filed yet, you can still change your information. (See the FAQ below for instructions) 

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302459

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies