turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vancej

Do I have to mail in MI return when it was e-filed and accepted? The Turbotax instructions for state say I have to mail in the original printed return and attachments?

Though I e-filed my state tax return, and it was accepted, the Turbotax Electronic Filing Instructions page says to mail in the original printed return and all attachments? I haven't been instructed to do that in other years.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do I have to mail in MI return when it was e-filed and accepted? The Turbotax instructions for state say I have to mail in the original printed return and attachments?

No, you should not have to send any paperwork in to State of Michigan for processing if your return status is showing up accepted

View solution in original post

5 Replies

No, you should not have to send any paperwork in to State of Michigan for processing if your return status is showing up accepted

Mine did the same - Although I paid for the state efiling and for my taxes due, I am still being instructed to mail the forms and pay my taxes by check.
javasack

Same here. Hope we have a definitive answer from TurboTax before the filing deadline. I am not sure what to do at this point.
vancej

Based on the recommended answer, I did not mail anything and did receive my refund. I decided the instructions must have a glitch as I have been e-filing MI for years, and never instructed to mail the return, too.

Same here. The software said that I had documents to print. It didn't say what they were. I just had a button to print the mystery documents. A pop-up displayed saying that it was generating documents, and may take a few moments. Nothing printed. I waited around 10 minutes. Tried again, with no success. I restarted my computer, and now have no way to get back to the screen that is supposed to generate these unspecified documents.

Tech support said that I needed to mail my MI state taxes, even though I payed extra to e-file. I've never had to do this before.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies