The IRS is holding my refund for up to 60 days, they said they're not auditing me. Are they keeping my refund?

I have a letter saying that it can take up to 60 days and that they're holding my refund and I may or may not get a return how can they do that I work the same job for 3 years.

No.  They just need more time to process your return (which might have been selected for a random review),

They will notify you if there are any issues.

No, they won't notify you. They took all 60 days to review my account and never once contacted me. I finally called on the 60th day and they said they don't have any record of my wages from my old employer, only the 3k I made in the end of the year with my new employer. I told them I had the W2 to prove it but the IRS agent said that wasn't good enough, the employer needed to confirm my wages. The IRS agent sent a referral and said it would take another 60 days! I filed Feb.1st, it is now May 15th, I can't wait any longer. So I called my previous employer and she swears she sent my info in. I didn't have any problems last year and I am the only employee experiencing this problem, according to her. Sounds like there was an error on the IRS side. I don't know what to do at this point. Any thoughts?