turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The IRS is holding my refund for up to 60 days, they said they're not auditing me. Are they keeping my refund?

I have a letter saying that it can take up to 60 days and that they're holding my refund and I may or may not get a return how can they do that I work the same job for 3 years.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

The IRS is holding my refund for up to 60 days, they said they're not auditing me. Are they keeping my refund?

No.  They just need more time to process your return (which might have been selected for a random review),

They will notify you if there are any issues.

No, they won't notify you. They took all 60 days to review my account and never once contacted me. I finally called on the 60th day and they said they don't have any record of my wages from my old employer, only the 3k I made in the end of the year with my new employer. I told them I had the W2 to prove it but the IRS agent said that wasn't good enough, the employer needed to confirm my wages. The IRS agent sent a referral and said it would take another 60 days! I filed Feb.1st, it is now May 15th, I can't wait any longer. So I called my previous employer and she swears she sent my info in. I didn't have any problems last year and I am the only employee experiencing this problem, according to her. Sounds like there was an error on the IRS side. I don't know what to do at this point. Any thoughts?

The sixty  day  hold is up on June 6th so the IRS will  send my refund  bye law. .

No. They can continue to extend the time period.  But they must pay you interest after a certain point.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies