How do I update a declined credit card for a TurboTax Advantage order?
Before you begin, have your "declined payment" email handy.
- Start by looking up your order at our Check Your Order Status page.
- Enter the info requested on the declined payment email, then select Update.
- Enter your TurboTax Advantage login info if requested.
- Now update your billing info. Your order should now be complete.
If you need to confirm or update the credit card information on file with your subscription:
- Sign in to your TurboTax Advantage account.
- Once you've signed in, select Billing and shipping info on the left side, then the TurboTax Advantage info radio button.
- Select Edit to confirm or update your payment, billing, or shipping address.
NOW it is probably too late to update your CC to get the 2021 program and that is OK ... just buy it off the website here :
You can also purchase the CD/download from various retailers such as Costco, Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, Staples, Sam’s Club, etc. etc. etc.
This link Where can I obtain authentic TurboTax software? has a list of authorized TurboTax resellers.
IMHO there is no real advantage to the ADVANTAGE program any longer so just buy the program from a reputable reseller for less and cancel your advantage account. Many resellers have discounts on the program and the price usually goes down as the season continues ( cheaper in March than in December) but beware of deep discounts from unknown sources as they could have malware or worse imbedded in them ... if the price sounds too good to be true it is. AND all the downloaded programs have all the same forms so save a few bucks and just but the Deluxe (Basic if you don't need a state program) and watch closely as the Deluxe is sold outside of TT system both with & without the state program.
There are only 3 so called "advantages" any longer ... https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/advantage/
1) phone support from a dedicated number (word in the forum is you don't get any faster service using that number)
2) free shipping/download as soon as it is available ( most places give free download ... and you don't really need the CD ever as it only has the beta version of the program on it anyway ... after installation you always have up update it AND no one needs the first beta version of the program in November which is not really fully operational until late January at the earliest ... some forms & states not until March some years. If you need to do any tax planning for the next tax year you need to use the prior year program which is already fully operational)
3) free re-downloads for 3 years ... all sellers do the same or you can always ask TT for another download for free
I need to furnish updated credit card information for Turbo Tax now. Please provide phone information for my use.
If you are an Advantage subscriber where you received the TurboTax software each year in November, see this TurboTax support FAQ for updating your Advantage account - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-update-or-confirm-the-info-in-my-...
Otherwise use this website to update your TurboTax billing information - https://shopping.turbotax.intuit.com/unified/downloads/?route=myaccounts&cgcview=billing