Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Need to Amend 2019 no button availble or hyperlink?

@ vina1995 wrote:

If i filed my taxes and got the money for my return but i just received another w-2. Will I just amend my 2019 taxes or do i file again? Never experienced this before

If you need to report an additional W-2 you received, you will have to prepare a formal Amended Return Form 1040X.   You do NOT file a second return.

In the meantime, do NOT make any changes in your original return until you begin the Form 1040X amend process (available later this month). and the process will instruct you when to make the changes.

If you have already received your Federal refund from your originally-filed Federal return, then you can prepare the amended return.   However, the Form 1040X amend process will not be available in TurboTax until 2/20/20 (projected).   The availability date has been moved back about 3 times, but February 20 is the current projected date.   That's when the Form 1040X should become available.  So you can't do it until then.

TurboTaxLindseyLO left you a link to a FAQ with additional information about amending in her comment above.

The Amended Return cannot be efiled.  It has to be printed, signed, dated, and mailed.  It is recommended to mail by a method that has tracking, such as certified mail, priority mail, etc.

About 3 weeks after mailing it, you can start tracking it with this IRS "Where's My Amended Return" page:
https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return

It can take the IRS up to 16 weeks to process an amended return.

Was told by  that I would be mesquitebeane able to amend 2/5/2020. Amend button still wasn't available. Then mesquitebean said 2/12/2020. Today is 2/13/2020 amend online button still not available. Now they are saying 2/20/2020. Why keep changing dates for us to AMEND OUR RETURNS?????!!!! This can't be legal!!

@Classychic87 wrote:

Was told by  that I would be mesquitebeane able to amend 2/5/2020. Amend button still wasn't available. Then mesquitebean said 2/12/2020. Today is 2/13/2020 amend online button still not available. Now they are saying 2/20/2020. Why keep changing dates for us to AMEND OUR RETURNS?????!!!! This can't be legal!!

I'm sorry you and other users are having to wait.    I just looked at the list, and unfortunately, it looks like they have again moved the date for Form 1040X to 2/26/2020.   Yes, 2/5/2020 was the original date, then it was moved back a couple times after that, as you described above.   And now it has been moved again, unfortunately. 

You can monitor availability here:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

I'm a fellow user and don't know why.  But there are a couple of Federal forms that only became available in TurboTax yesterday and a couple more are still expected, so I would presume the amend process has to cover those as well before they "throw the switch".  So perhaps that accounts for some of the delay, but that's purely a guess, since I don't work for TurboTax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies