turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello, how am I able to have my tax refund direct deposited to my account?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BethanyJ

Near the end of the filing process, you will be asked how you would like to receive your refund, direct deposit is one of the options you have to choose from.

After choosing direct deposit, you just enter the account information that you want to use for your refund.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BethanyJ

Near the end of the filing process, you will be asked how you would like to receive your refund, direct deposit is one of the options you have to choose from.

After choosing direct deposit, you just enter the account information that you want to use for your refund.

If you have NOT already filed, the option to update your direct deposit information is under the File tab in your tax timeline.

• When you log into your account and go back into your tax timeline, you should see the File tab at the end.
  • There are three steps listed. Click on Start/Revisit next to Step 2. Then click on in my bank to include direct deposit information
  • Once here, if there is an account listed that is incorrect or nor current MAKE SURE THE BOX UNDER THE ACCOUNT INFO IS UNCHECKED (will say something like "I want my refund in this account")
  • When you hit Continue, it should take you to the next page which will allow you to update your information
  • Once everything is entered in, click continue at the bottom and it should take you back to the three step page

*If you have already filed, you will not be able to change how you receive your refund

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies