My turbotax can't find the data file in the same computer I was using to start my 2018 tax return last December of 2018?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlo1one

My turbotax can't find the data file in the same computer I was using to start my 2018 tax return last December of 2018?

turbotax finds *.tax2018, but can't transfer data....
4 Replies
VolvoGirl
Level 15

What are you trying to do?  You don't Transfer a .tax2018 File.  You just OPEN it.  Go up to
File-Open
jlo1one

turbotax is suppose to look for previous tax files, it couldn't find the file I wanted to open, I did what you suggested and it worked. Thank you.
jlo1one

Thank you, problem solved
VolvoGirl
Level 15

Yes it looks for Previous YEAR files at first to Transfer into 2018.  You already had a 2018 file to open.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings