My turbo tax account says that I’m getting around $800 back, however the paper that I must mail in says I’m only getting back $251. Could you explain this to me

Did you apply any of the refund towards 2019 taxes?

It's not clear what you mean by "your account"  says that. The amount of your refund is clearly displayed in the refund meter box.  You may be looking at a screen that shows both your federal and state, but the only number that counts is the refund showing on your 1040, line 19.  That's your federal refund.  Your state refund would show on your state return main form.