dplessbaby1991

My taxes were accepted Jan. 14, 2019. why haven't I received them yet?

KatrinaLO

Accepted means your return was received and the basics (such as the correct social security number) seem to be in order. Accepted means your e-file has passed inspection (Social Security numbers are correct, dependents haven't already been claimed, etc.) and the government has your tax return. Accepted is the status of your tax return – not your tax refund. Once your return has been accepted (received) by the government, they take over the refund status update duties, since they hold the purse strings. The status in TurboTax will remain as "accepted."

It usually takes 2 - 3 weeks to get your refund.  Some taxpayers get theirs early while some will wait the entire 3 weeks.  You can track your refund once you've confirmed it's been accepted. If you e-filed your tax returns, you can also click here e-file status lookup tool to check your e-file status. If you filed it successfully, you should see PendingAccepted or Rejected.

Please see below for more information on tracking your tax refund: 

Please see below for tracking your federal refund: 
https://www.irs.gov/refunds 

Due to the PATH Act, some Federal refunds will be delayed. If you claimed the Earned Income Credit (EIC) or Additional Child Tax Credit, then you can expect to hear something around the end of February. Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for more information: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5556415

KatrinaLO

Duplicate.