Seantadown

My taxes got accepted by the IRS sooner then the listed date they released. Should I be concerned?

It states that my taxes have been accepted but stated that the IRS wasn't accepting return until 1/27/2020... Should I be worried? 

SteamTrain

No...the run test batches at several point before the official starting date.

The only thing you have to worry about is forgetting, or not waiting  to enter some data you should have put in, but didn't because you filed so early.  1099-INT forms entered for bank interest?....1099-R forms for distributions of retirement $$?  any mutual fund distributions  you might own on 1099-DIV forms that haven't come out yet?  Of course, if you will have none of those for 2019, maybe it's OK.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

SteamTrain

Seantadown

Oh okay! Thank you so much! Yea, I wont have any of those for 2019 , I really need to get the ball rolling for that this year though lol

Thank you again 🙂