treyd44

My tax return was approved and said I would get my refund deposited by march 1st. I checked today and IRS website still says approved but no money yet. Do you know why

CarolynB

Hi. The day the IRS says your refund will be deposited is the day they are releasing your funds. It can take up to five business days for your money to reach your bank and appear in your bank account.

CarolynB

treyd44

My refund is going on a prepaid card. I've already spoken to prepaid card customer service and they don't hold the money. They said as soon as its sent they release it. In where's my refund it doesn't say sent just approved and a date of march 1st
CarolynB

OK. The date of March 1st is the day the IRS is releasing your funds. They say allow 5-6 business days for your bank to receive it. My experience is it usually appears in about 2 days.