My stimulas got sent to a closed turbo tax account...

thekingjd

My stimulas got sent to a closed turbo tax account on Jan 4. The check my payment tool still hasnt updated refecting this. Do i have to contact turbo tax?

CarissaM

If your stimulus was deposited to a closed account, the financial institution will reject the payment and issue it back to the IRS. The IRS will then send you a paper check to the mailing address on file. 

For any additional assistance, please click here to contact customer service. 

If for any reason you do not receive all or part of your stimulus payments in advance, you can have it added to your refund. The IRS stopped mailing payments on 1/15 so wait until 1/25 to file to make sure you don’t receive the money before filing.  If you file too early and you get the money after you file  then your return will be delayed while the IRS corrects your error.  Since the IRS will not start processing returns until 2/12 you have time to wait … don’t be in a rush.   

Please wait until you are certain there is no second payment, then you can follow these steps, if necessary. 

• After you have entered your tax information and are ready for the Federal Review, stimulus will be the first question.
  • If you are trying to trigger it: 
    1. go to Other Situations
    2. click Done. 
    3. The next question will ask about payments received.
  • The program will determine the missing amount and add it to your refund.

Please see: Is My Second Stimulus Check on the way? and the IRS stimulus website