• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
janetkury

My status says ready to mail and I already did a month ago. Is something wrong?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AshleyRose
Level 2

No. If you've chosen to mail your return, the 'status' of your return will not display as accepted or rejected. Instead, it will display 'ready to mail' to indicate you've completely finalized your return. The status of 'ready to mail' will not change as TurboTax has no way of knowing whether or not you actually physically mailed your return.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AshleyRose
Level 2

No. If you've chosen to mail your return, the 'status' of your return will not display as accepted or rejected. Instead, it will display 'ready to mail' to indicate you've completely finalized your return. The status of 'ready to mail' will not change as TurboTax has no way of knowing whether or not you actually physically mailed your return.

coreydudem2

How long after this did you receive your tax return? Because I did the same thing
mainett
Level 2

Regardless of a mailed or e-filed tax return, the Federal or State government processes the information in its own time. Sometimes quickly (if the return is filed early like in January or February) or longer like when all Americans file at the last minute, then there's a backlog. If you haven't heard anything in 8 weeks, then contact the filing authority to request a status. Tip: when filing a MAILED return, it's good insurance to mail it "Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested" from the post office. Costs $5 to $15 depending on the weight of the envelope, but it insures that the government agency received it because someone there signs the certificate that it was received and the post office returns a receipt to you. And for the same cost, the PO also offers TRACKING, so you can track your return through the USPS.com website.
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v