buddymiles61

My son used my checking account to receive his refund, but his name is not on my account. Will it get deposited into my account?

He owes money for back taxes.  Can my account get charged for what he owes?

BobB7

Your checking account cannot be charged for what he owes.  The back taxes will be used to reduce any refund, though.  If there is anything left over, whether the remainder will get deposited into your account is a matter of bank policy.  If not, they will return the funds to the IRS who will then eventually mail him a check.

BobB7