• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buddymiles61

My son used my checking account to receive his refund, but his name is not on my account. Will it get deposited into my account?

He owes money for back taxes.  Can my account get charged for what he owes?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BobB7

My son used my checking account to receive his refund, but his name is not on my account. Will it get deposited into my account?

Your checking account cannot be charged for what he owes.  The back taxes will be used to reduce any refund, though.  If there is anything left over, whether the remainder will get deposited into your account is a matter of bank policy.  If not, they will return the funds to the IRS who will then eventually mail him a check.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BobB7

Your checking account cannot be charged for what he owes.  The back taxes will be used to reduce any refund, though.  If there is anything left over, whether the remainder will get deposited into your account is a matter of bank policy.  If not, they will return the funds to the IRS who will then eventually mail him a check.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v