• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monicamastra

My son and I share the same checking account, can we both get our federal refunds deposited to the same account?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Rachel_W
Level 4

My son and I share the same checking account, can we both get our federal refunds deposited to the same account?

Yes, as long as both of your names are on the account, you can both get your federal refunds deposited to the same account.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Rachel_W
Level 4

Yes, as long as both of your names are on the account, you can both get your federal refunds deposited to the same account.

View solution in original post

Opus 17
Level 15

Most banks will reject an IRS direct deposit unless the name and SSN of the taxpayer matches the name and SSN of the account holder.  If you have a joint account with both names and both SSNs, the bank will probably accept the refund, but only your bank can tell you for sure.

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v