monicamastra

My son and I share the same checking account, can we both get our federal refunds deposited to the same account?

Rachel_W

Yes, as long as both of your names are on the account, you can both get your federal refunds deposited to the same account.

Rachel_W

Most banks will reject an IRS direct deposit unless the name and SSN of the taxpayer matches the name and SSN of the account holder.  If you have a joint account with both names and both SSNs, the bank will probably accept the refund, but only your bank can tell you for sure.