69boxwood

My Rhode Island refund as calculated by Turbo tax was supposed to be $425. The state reduced it to $53. Any ideas about why?

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.

The state will be sending you a letter in the mail within the next three weeks explaining what they changed on your state tax return to lower your state tax refund.  There should also be instructions on what you need to do if you disagree with the state.

The state will send a letter  in the mail  in the next couple of weeks  to explain why the refund was changed.  Until you get it we can only guess.

69boxwood

I received a letter stating that my refund was adjusted, but no explanation as to why. 

Then you need to call the number on the letter.  TT is not provided any information.