turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My returns were accepted over 24 hours ago. Why aren't either showing on the Where's My Refund tools?

I have checked numerous times and called the IRS's1-800 # which also has no record. My Fed was accepted on the 12th and my state (MN) was accepted on the 14th.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My returns were accepted over 24 hours ago. Why aren't either showing on the Where's My Refund tools?

It can take the IRS a while for any information to show up on their website, Where's My Refund?.  It is a little early for you since your return was only accepted 24 hours ago. 

The IRS has accepted your return, which means that your return has passed the basic identity verification.  Once the IRS starts processing your return, you should see your return on the IRS website.  The Where's My Refund, updates only once a day.

View solution in original post

To ADD:  You don't check your state refund on the IRS website.  You need to check your state refund status on your state's website.  

How do I track my Minnesota tax refund?

Track your return using the Where's My Refund? System.

For refund-related questions, contact the Minnesota Department of Revenue.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

It can take the IRS a while for any information to show up on their website, Where's My Refund?.  It is a little early for you since your return was only accepted 24 hours ago. 

The IRS has accepted your return, which means that your return has passed the basic identity verification.  Once the IRS starts processing your return, you should see your return on the IRS website.  The Where's My Refund, updates only once a day.

Most likely there is just a backlog due to the large number of filings.

To ADD:  You don't check your state refund on the IRS website.  You need to check your state refund status on your state's website.  

How do I track my Minnesota tax refund?

Track your return using the Where's My Refund? System.

For refund-related questions, contact the Minnesota Department of Revenue.

I didn't use the IRS to check my state. I used my state's Dept of Rev site.

Is the backlog likely to apply to both the IRS and Minnesota Department of Revenue? I am concerned because both separate entities are not showing my returns.

The Fed was accepted days ago which is much past the 24 hours time frame. 

@kaliyasbowman  You don't have to worry, your returns were accepted.  The IRS & State are separate entities, they process returns differently from each other.  Give it a couple days before you check your status.  

@kaliyasbowman   It can take the IRS days to weeks before they have started processing returns.  It is early in the tax season so they are backed up.  Your state could also be backed up.

Thanks for the help!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies