katyghayes

My refund was sent to a closed account and the bank declined it. I have been unable to reach the IRS to get a paper check cut or a new account number to them. Any ideas?

TomD8

If your financial institution rejects an electronic deposit and returns it to the IRS, the IRS will automatically send a paper check to the most recent address they have on file for you.

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

Were you having any fees deducted from your federal refund?  If you are you might be able to catch it at the bank it goes though first to take the fees out.