turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My refund says sent on the refund tool but doesn't show up on my turboprepaid card it says if it does not show by the 27th contact the bank who do i contact for the card?

Tax return refund has been sent.
Says should receive it by the 27th or call bank? but says it's been sent.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

My refund says sent on the refund tool but doesn't show up on my turboprepaid card it says if it does not show by the 27th contact the bank who do i contact for the card?

Did you have any TurboTax fees?  If so, how did you pay them?  Did you pay them  upfront with credit/debit card, or did you choose to pay the fees out of the Federal refund.   If you chose to pay out of the Federal refund, your funds go from the IRS to an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.  If you used that service, we can tell you how to monitor the funds at the intermediary company.

Yes I did use the funds to pay for the fees. how do i monitor the funds at the intermediary?

If you chose to pay your TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund, your funds will first go from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank--either Civista Bank of Sandusky, Ohio, or Green Dot Bank.  At the intermediary bank the fees are subtracted, then the rest of your funds are sent on to your bank (or prepaid debit card) in a second deposit.  The company that handles that is SBTPG (Santa Barbara Tax Products Group.)

Less commonly there can be delays at the intermediary bank, and additional ID info, etc. might be required.

If for any reason the second deposit fails (the one that is actually to your bank or card), it will bounce back to SBTPG's bank who will issue you a paper check in the mail.

Once the IRS has released your funds, you can log in to your temporary account at SBTPG to see the status of your funds.

To log in, choose the taxpayer portal at:
https://www.sbtpg.com/

SBTPG has a phone contact page at the following link.   Even when they are closed, you may be able to get automated info, or you can log in as above.

https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

So I should call only if my refund does not show up by the 27th correct?

The IRS FAQ says to allow up to 5 days due to variations in bank processing procedures and times.  But it normally doesn't take that long.  It's possible SBTPG already has your funds.

You can log in to your temporary account at SBTPG right now to see if anything shows up, or you can use their phone number to get a 24-hour automated report.  If it doesn't show anything, try again tomorrow.  I don't know if an ACH deposit would post to them on a weekend.
Cksells66
Returning Member

Their website has no record of my SSN to check refund status;  therefore, I cannot confirm if correct data was input to route refund to MY bank account, or if re-routed fraudulently to someone else's account.

Is there an actual phone number AND department to handle these claims without opening a fraud case with IRS to investigate all participating parties, from filing stage to receipt of refund by the bank, for disbursement? 

Running out of patience, real fast!!!  Opening claims EVERYWHERE.

@Cksells66  For what year?  Maybe the IRS didn't get your return.  Maybe it Rejected.

Was your return Accepted? First double check your efile status here
https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

Then only the IRS can tell you. IRS Where's my refund https://www.irs.gov/refunds/
Make sure you are using the refund amount from your actual federal tax return and not the combined amount Turbo Tax showed you at the end. That was for federal and state combined.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?

Nobody else can get your refund.  If your name is not on the bank account the bank will reject it and send it back to the IRS.

very big help thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies