jacques-lorfils

My parent claiming me on their tax return. They are asking me for my w2, do they really need it to claim me on their return.

LinaJ2018

Yes, to claim you as their dependent, they need your W-2 to see how much you make in 2019.  It will help them to decide either you provide more than half of your own support or if you make more than $4200 as part of the requirements.  For more information, see Credit for Other Dependents.

However, they do not include your W-2 amount on their taxes.  

fanfare

see irs pub 501 for who may be a dependent on your parents' tax return. Your income may be relevant.

How old are you?
LinaJ2018