martinezandalice

My mother passed away January 2018 so how do I sign her 2017 state & federal tax forms

Vanessa

At the beginning of the My Info section, there is a question that says "Passed Away Before Filing"  Select Yes and TurboTax will ask you the date and will also take you through the necessary steps to file.  You will sign as representative if you are not e-filing.  If you e-file, there is no signature needed. 

Was she married?
martinezandalice

Hello Jean, She was widowed in 2004.  I got an answer from Vanessa and she said I would just sign as a representative of my mother.  I did check yes in Turbo Tax when asked about her passing before filing. Thank you for your response. Bob
Vanessa

martinezandalice

Chrizzy00

My mother passed away January 2018..do I file for her she was on ssi