jarrodandrachel

My mortgage company just sent me a corrected 1098, but I've already filed. What do I do?

WillK

You will need to amend your taxes to update the IRS with the corrected 1098.

You should not try to amend your return until it has been fully processed and you have received your refund or your payment has cleared.
Amended returns do not “catch up” to your original return and replace them; they are processed as two separate returns.  
Amended returns have to be printed and filed by mail.  It can take the IRS up to 12 weeks or longer to process them.   If you are due a larger refund than on your original return, your amended return should only show the difference and you will receive a separate check for it.  If you owe money on your amended return, it will show only the new amount owed, you will have to mail a check with the return.
Click here for the TurboTax FAQ on amending your return: - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2952222-how-do-i-amend-the-2015-taxes-i-filed-with-turbotax-online