Solved: My Montana State refund said I was getting back $209 and all that I got deposited into my account was $4. Why is that?

My Montana State refund said I was getting back $209 and all that I got deposited into my account was $4. Why is that?

Employee TurboTax Specialist

It could be due to a state refund offset.  A refund offset is when a refund is reduced or intercepted to pay off delinquent debt such as delinquent/unpaid state income tax. It can also be due to the state making a change to your tax return.

You will receive a notice in the mail that will explain the reason. You may also contact your state (expect a long wait time):

Employee TurboTax Specialist