mikemcd

My Massachusetts refund was supposed to be $227 but they deposited $1201 into my account, why would this be?

ScruffyCurmudgeon

Massachusetts Dept of Revenue (DOR)) will be mailing (USPS mail) a notice to you explaining the discrepancy and why there was an increase in your refund.  Do nothing until you receive this notice. The notice will have the appropriate contact information.  If you cannot wait, the telephone number is 800-392-6089

Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, Locals 718/30, retired firefighter/medic; univ faculty NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
- Strategy & Quantitative Methods Med-M&M, Law discriminatory statistics, Med & PH - epidemiology statistics;
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3
-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------No Not an Intuit Employee - Just donating my time
johnbcruze

Maybe u read it wrong and if they made a mistake owell lol don't be mad
MargaretL

It's possible that you have missed entering some withholdings, or qualified for a deductions and not "claimed" it.  I recommend caling the state tax authority and inquire about the details to make sure they are not in error. Otherwise, you will have to pay it back if/when they realize that it is.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901670-how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue