dogtacy

My lawyer said my Trust 1040A was due March 15 and my CPA said April 18 What date is correct Your answers never tell me anything about Trust dates???

I just want to know the date due??????????????????

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

The due date for the 1040 is April 18, 2017.

A calendar year 1041 (Trust Return) has same due date.  

However, some trusts file a fiscal year, so if that is the case, then the due date is: "For fiscal year estates and trusts, file Form 1041 by the 15th day of the 4th month following the close of the tax year. For example, an estate that has a tax year that ends on June 30, 2017, must file Form 1041 by October 15, 2017. If the due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, file on the next business day."

"Due date of return. For calendar year estates and trusts, file Form 1041 and Schedule(s) K-1 by April 18, 2017. The due date is April 18, instead of April 15, because of the Emancipation Day holiday in the District of Columbia—even if you don’t live in the District of Columbia."

From IRS instructions:  https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1041.pdf