turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jndstone

Turbo stated IRS accepted my return on the 1st of February, however, as of today, the IRS is claiming that they have not received it. Anyone else run into this?

Of course, can’t ask Turbo without paying. IRS said that if they had transmitted my returns, when stated, they would already be showing on WMR. Anyone????
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turbo stated IRS accepted my return on the 1st of February, however, as of today, the IRS is claiming that they have not received it. Anyone else run into this?

If you efiled, what do you see when you double-check with this tool to be sure the return was efiled successfully and accepted?
https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp

If that showed it was accepted, and it's been longer than 24 hours since acceptance, then it should show up in the IRS WMR tool here..  If you try before 24 hours after acceptance, it may not show up.
http://www.irs.gov/Refunds

Be sure you are entering just the Federal refund amount, and not including any State refund.  

And be sure you are using the actual Federal refund amount without regard to any TurboTax fees if you chose to pay any fees out of the refund.

View/print your return and look at the actual refund amount showing:

If you filed a Form 1040, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 76a.
    If you filed a Form 1040A, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 48a.
    If you filed a Form 1040EZ, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 13a.

Otherwise, you'll need to phone the IRS to see if they can look it up another way.

IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

• Then do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent, but there is likely to be a long wait.
I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

View solution in original post

42 Replies

Are you sure everything is correct? You should have used your correct SSN with *both* TurboTax *and* WMR. The filing status and refund amount you entered on WMR must be the same as on your TurboTax return. (If you had TurboTax fees withheld from your refund, use the refund amount BEFORE those fees.) I can confirm that things should be going thru smoothly; I transmitted my return earlier today, and it's already on WMR (but without a refund date).

At the WMR tool, be sure you are entering just the  Federal refund amount, and not including any State refund.
View/print your actual return and look at it the refund amount:

If you filed a Form 1040, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 76a.
    If you filed a Form 1040A, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 48a.
    If you filed a Form 1040EZ, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 13a.

Here's another page where you can confirm the status of your return from TurboTax's end without logging back in: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp">https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efi...>
jndstone

My info is all correct. I have confirmed it all a dozen times. This is why I’m concerned!
jndstone

It took 3 days from the 29th for Turbo to even send it to the IRS... the only confirmation that I have it was accepted was from turbo. I filed without fees, I’m starting to think this is their way of trying to get money out of everyone. I am ready to start filing complaints. When I cannot even call for a potential software failure on their part without paying 29.95.. it’s ridiculous. I bet if I would have paid for a more expensive package, I wouldn’t be having this problem.

The IRS only opened for 2017 tax season on January 29.   At that time, the IRS started pulling all the stockpiled returns that had been backlogged during January.   At startup each year, the IRS pulls the stockpiled returns from the different software companies in batches--not all at once.

Please use this tool that was provided above.   What does it show?   Perhaps you already tried it, but you didn't specifically say so.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp">https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efi...>

If that tool confirms that your efiled return was accepted, we can tell you how to speak to a live IRS agent by phone so they can look it up in their system by other means.
jndstone

I already checked the other tool. Which is another TurboTax tool.  If it was accepted 3 days ago, why does the IRS not show having received it. Everyone else seems to be showing up with them?

I've left info below on phoning the IRS.

Same thing here turbo tax is on my nerve

Same issue here
lyssa1974

I changed from turbo because they claim to be free but then wanted to charge because I had one 1099. Went with FreeTaxUsa and within minutes it was received and the next day was on the wmr site. Did my daughters the same day with Turbo and as of today the IRS still hasn’t received it.

Wow .. Im thinking about calling turbo tax ..i mean what should we do??
jndstone

I don’t know. One reply said we could ask the IRS. I waited on hold for a very long time, to be told to call back in 21 days... but they couldn’t even tell me if they received it. I tried calling Turbo, but keep getting the automated system that says unless I pay 29.95 I can’t even speak to someone. I am thinking about filing a complaint with the BBB.

Im file the same complaint too like for real cause this is fucked up
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies