Solved: My husband was injured at his job in September 2017 and has been out of work since receiving workmans comp. Does he file that on his return?

My husband was injured at his job in September 2017 and has been out of work since receiving workmans comp. Does he file that on his return?

Workmans compensation is not taxable so do not enter it on your tax return.  Just enter any other 2017 income on your joint return.

It can still be recorded as nontaxable income in  the Sales Tax deduction section if you itemize.