Solved: My husband was injured at his job in September 2017 and has been out of work since receiving workmans comp. Does he file that on his return?
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My husband was injured at his job in September 2017 and has been out of work since receiving workmans comp. Does he file that on his return?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15

My husband was injured at his job in September 2017 and has been out of work since receiving workmans comp. Does he file that on his return?

Workmans compensation is not taxable so do not enter it on your tax return.  Just enter any other 2017 income on your joint return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 15

Workmans compensation is not taxable so do not enter it on your tax return.  Just enter any other 2017 income on your joint return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 15

It can still be recorded as nontaxable income in  the Sales Tax deduction section if you itemize.
Privacy Settings