deidramata

My husband just became a us resident ..they told us when he became legal they would refund us our taxes for the past 3 years is that possible?

No.

There are certain tax benefits that a person is eligible for when they are a citizen or permanent resident (green card holder) that are more generous than they are eligible for when they are a non-resident alien or resident alien.  In the past it was possible to amend a return to retroactively claim those benefits.

However, due to a law passed a couple of years ago, that is no longer allowed.  He only qualifies as a citizen on any tax return that is filed after the awarding of citizenship, and only if the return is "timely filed."  That means that if you have not filed a 2016 tax return yet and you have an approved extension, you could file the 2016 return with him as a citizen. But you can't amend earlier years.  And if you already filed your 2016 return, you can't amend it either.

Who are "they?"
deidramata

My accountant that filled our previous taxes. But he no longer does taxes ..

No.