lilies4goldberry

My husband is not a U.S. citizen and does not have a green card. I am filing separately, but it won't let me file without his SS, which he doesn't have.

How do I file my taxes ? It won't let me file without my husband's social security, but he doesn't have one, and he doesn't have an ITIN because he is Chinese and we live in China.

If you are a US citizen and your spouse does not have a Social Security number or an ITIN and you are not applying for an ITIN with the tax return then you can only file your tax return as Married Filing Separately.  Where asked to enter the spouse's Social Security number enter all 9's.  You can only print and mail your tax return, it cannot be e-filed.  When you print the tax return erase the Social Security number for your spouse and manually enter NRA for non-resident alien.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the procedure to print and mail a tax return using the online editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1944348-how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online