apamperedmoment

My financial consultant said I could claim all sales taxes on every purchase I made in 2015 and 2016? Can you advise?

LinaJ2018

It is possible.  If you have enough to itemize on Schedule A, you are given the option to claim either all your sales tax you paid or the state and local income tax, whichever is greater.  Follow the instructions in the program to see which maximizes your refund. 

To enter the information in TurboTax online program, go to:

1. After sign in and select Take me to my return 

2.  At the right upper corner, in the search box , type in sales tax then Enter 

3.  Select Jump to sales tax 

4.  On screen, Sales Tax and Income Tax - select Continue with Sales Tax

5.  On screen, How do you want to enter your sales tax info ? , select EasyGuide and follow the prompts.

Your refund will change only if your total sales tax deduction is more than the state income taxes and you are itemizing instead of taking the standard deduction.

LinaJ2018

3.  Select Jump to sales tax