turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My federal was accepted 6 days ago ... still waiting for it to be approved via irs site? anyone still waiting ? did anyone get their federal refund yet?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

My federal was accepted 6 days ago ... still waiting for it to be approved via irs site? anyone still waiting ? did anyone get their federal refund yet?

Since everyone's tax situation will vary, when everyone gets approved will also vary. And you can find more details on that here Why do some refunds take longer than others?

It's not uncommon to still show accepted. It can range from a span of just a few days up to about 3 weeks to see a move from accepted to approved. 

Just keep an eye out on their website for updates. If you don't see a change after 3 weeks, that is when you need to contact the IRS. Please see details below.  

My return is accepted but still not approved - is there a problem? Should I be worried?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4495802

dragonsh19992002
Returning Member

My return was accepted on 1/29/19.  I received letter today that I needed to verify my identity.  Finally the hold has been released but I have to wait approximately 9 more weeks for my refund.  So frustrated.
dragonsh19992002
Returning Member

My return was accepted on 1/29/19.  I received letter today that I needed to verify my identity.  Finally the hold has been released but I have to wait approximately 9 more weeks for my refund.  So frustrated.

What were your wmr statuses in the meantime ? What bar

Did it take them until June to even send you a letter? I have been waiting over a week for a approve notification and I was wondering why but we recently had a fraud alert placed on our credit so wondering if this is going to be the same scenario.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies