keezo1

My federal refund said to be in my bank account March 20,2019 but I don’t see it. And now I go online to irs and it said it was possibly taken.

Do the intercept FEDERAL Refund as well?

AlanT

Unfortunately, both your Federal and State refunds can be offset to pay delinquent debts.  

refund offset is when an IRS refund is reduced or intercepted to pay off delinquent debt, such as past-due child support, outstanding student loans, or unpaid state income tax.

You'll get an explanatory letter from the Bureau of the Fiscal Service if your refund is offset. The remainder of your refund will be processed as usual; an offset shouldn't delay it unless of course your entire refund was applied to your debt.

For more information please see the FAQ below.  

AlanT

keezo1

Yeah but they sent me a letter for my CA STATE refund they took all of it now I’m wondering about my Federal refund cause I haven’t received a letter about it.