If you did not receive a 1099-Misc form, do not enter your income using that form.
TurboTax will help you prepare a Schedule C, Profit or
Loss from Business and you may be subject to self-employment taxes .
Here are the instructions
to enter your income, expenses and assets:
- In the search box, type Schedule C, then click on Jump to Schedule C
- TurboTax automatically creates Schedule C (or Schedule C-EZ) when you enter your business information or when you enter what the IRS considers self-employment income.
- Click Start/Update under Business Income (see image below)
- Click Start/Update General Income (Business income, including income reported on Form(s) 1099-K.
- Enter the description and amount, click continue.
- Back at the Business Income screen, click continue.
- This will take you back to Your xxxx Business screen.
- Scroll down Business Income or expenses, etc. and continue through the interview questions.
- After you complete the Business income or expense, etc., section, you will be back at the main business screen and can enter any other items relevant to your business.
- Schedule C
- Why am I paying self-employment tax?
- What is Schedule SE?
- IRS Tax Guide for Small Business
- self-employment taxes