pwnkmrshrma

My direct direct deposit information in 2019 tax return in turbo is crossed out with X ,what does it mean? I had filled the information when filing and owe taxes to irs.

Texas Roger

If you have taxes owed and selected to pay the taxes by direct debit then the direct deposit routing and account information on the Form 1040 Lines 21b and 21d will be X'd out.

Texas Roger

Does this mean that the IRS does not have the account information for direct deposit?

@Texas Roger wrote:

Now that is the question without an answer...Will the IRS use the direct debit account for the stimulus payment is unknown.

My assumption is that they will not since a direct debit payment can come from a financial account that may not accept direct deposits.  But right now, who knows?

Texas Roger

Thanks for your help. I've answered some of these questions wrong because I saw an earlier answer from someone that the info was just temporarily XXX'd out for confidentiality and that they were on the tax return sent to the IRS.  I deleted my original answer to this post.