turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My daughter received a 1099 INT totaling $74 but forgot to add it and she already efiled. Does she have to amend?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KatrinaB
Intuit Alumni

My daughter received a 1099 INT totaling $74 but forgot to add it and she already efiled. Does she have to amend?

If her tax return was rejected then she can log in to her account and add the Form 1099-INT. 

If her tax return has already been accepted by the IRS then she'll need to wait until she has received her refund and file an amended return. 

She can prepare an amended return in TurboTax but she'll need to mail the return. E-file is not available for this type of return. Please follow the directions below to prepare an amended return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KatrinaB
Intuit Alumni

If her tax return was rejected then she can log in to her account and add the Form 1099-INT. 

If her tax return has already been accepted by the IRS then she'll need to wait until she has received her refund and file an amended return. 

She can prepare an amended return in TurboTax but she'll need to mail the return. E-file is not available for this type of return. Please follow the directions below to prepare an amended return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies