• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
COLE1981

My daughter and I filed on the same day, I filed and was accepted a few hours before her . She got a DDD but I haven’t yet!? Why would that happen?

My return was joint, included a pension and education credits and hers was single one income and education credits. Should I be worried that something is wrong or did hers process faster because it was simple?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
maglib
Level 10

My daughter and I filed on the same day, I filed and was accepted a few hours before her . She got a DDD but I haven’t yet!? Why would that happen?

Every return is processed differently and may or may not take longer depending on credits. The simpler returns are processed faster.  No need to worry as long as the IRS says accepted and/or processing. Even then, they sometimes choose internal audits of certain credits but again no means to worry.  

**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
maglib
Level 10

Every return is processed differently and may or may not take longer depending on credits. The simpler returns are processed faster.  No need to worry as long as the IRS says accepted and/or processing. Even then, they sometimes choose internal audits of certain credits but again no means to worry.  

**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v