laurili2

My daughter already claimed me in her taxes, so what do I do?

My daughter already claimed me in her taxes, but I owe the IRS some money, how do I go about paying?

Melaine

You can still file a return, if you qualify as a dependent, and in the page that you put personal information, scroll down and enter that someone can claim you as a dependent, (a screen shot of this is below).  Also, you may not have to pay taxes on the withdrawal for certain medical treatments such as your cancer treatments.  Please see post below to see if you qualify.  If you do qualify, see your plan administrator and have them change your reason for withdrawal as a hardship one so you do not pay the 10% penalty.  It is important to have that discussion with them before completing your taxes.

Zbucklyo

Do you mean that your daughter claimed you as a dependent?  Are you required to file a federal tax return?
laurili2

yes my daughter can claim me as dependent since she supports me most of the year. And I this year owe money since I took retirement money a little early and got penalized, but sorry but it's for cancer treatments!
fanfare

If you took out more than $4,049, you cannot be her dependent.
Melaine