MommaRox

My child’s name was auto filled instead of my husbands. All went through and accepted. Now filling out FAFSA. Do I need to amend the tax return first?

What ????   Do you mean your child is listed on the jointly filed return as your spouse or the taxpayer and NOT as a dependent ???

MommaRox

Yes my child’s name is listed on the married joint filed return, instead of where my husband’s name should be. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

did you use 1 account for both your joint and child's return?  if your child is listed as the spouse on the joint return, you need to amend.     sooner or later you will get a notice from the IRS.