clarkmitchell79

My bank declined my refund. Our joint acct doesn't have my SSN. IRS shows the refund is sent, Can I Update the bank info here on Turbo Tax now? Or have to wait?

AnthonyC

Since your bank has declined the refund deposit, the IRS will get the money back and then they will automatically convert it to a paper check and mail to the address on your return.  Once the return has been accepted by the IRS, there is nothing that can be done to change the bank information.  

AnthonyC

clarkmitchell79

Thank you so much, This is the 1st time it gas been rejected.  I'll know better next year.
AnthonyC

You're welcome.  Yea, some banks are a littler stricter nowadays with tax refund deposits to help combat identity theft.