rtrin17

My bank account just closed my account no warning or anything the thing is I already filed my return and have my refund going to that account how did I resolve the is situation

Really really really could use some help with this one

Banking information for refund is wrong

If you entered incorrect banking information for your refund, you can change it if your return is rejected.  If it is accepted, however, it is too late to change it.  The bank will reject the refund and send it back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will issue a paper check and mail it to the address you put on your tax return.  Expect a delay of at least a couple of weeks to receive your refund.

Here is what the IRS says about entering incorrect banking information

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...

Once the method of receiving the tax return has been selected and the tax return e-filed, the method cannot be changes.  When the IRS attempts to deposit the refund into the account, the refund will be rejected.  The IRS will then send the refund as a check to the address on the tax return.