Solved: My adult child was disabled January of '19. I care...

jleej

My adult child was disabled January of '19. I cared for her and claimed her on my '19 taxes. Will she get a stimulus, my '19 taxes still being processed I got mine only

GiseleD

She may be able to get it if the IRS takes its time looking at your 2019 return. The IRS is automatically sending out payments to eligible SSI/SSDI recipients, so it will go to the bank account she has on file with SSA IF she gets it. All depends on when the IRS looks at your 2019 return. I wouldn't count on it, though. 

@jleej

MinhT1

As she was claimed as a dependent, she is not eligible for the stimulus payment.

Please read this IRS FAQ for more information.

jleej

Even though my 2019 taxes have not been processed?  She receives SSI and SSDI so would that make a difference?

jleej

Also, for 2019 will be the only year I will be able to claim her as a dependent based on her disability. 

GiseleD

@jleej