turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

zelasia7

I filed my taxes January 31,2019 and my refund is still saying being processed is this going on with anyone else

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

112 Replies
WillK
Intuit Alumni

I filed my taxes January 31,2019 and my refund is still saying being processed is this going on with anyone else

Most taxpayers who have not received their federal refund yet is due to the fact that they have claimed either or both the earned income tax credit (EITC) and the additional child tax credit (ACTC). 

The IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days, although some require additional time. You should only call if it has been:

• 21 days or more since you e-filed
  • 6 weeks or more since you mailed your return, or when
  • "Where's My Refund" tells you to contact the IRS

According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue EITC and ACTC refunds before February 15. The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards on February 27, 2019, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return. 

Keep checking the status of your refund by click here: https://www.irs.gov/refunds

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm getting the same thing. I'm tired of the general responses. Obviously it's been more than 21 days, if accepted on the 31st today being 24th. If it was a path act thing then why say processing. This is beyond frustrating.

I filed January 29th, On February 24 it showed Wed for February 27th. Good luck
faith337

I filed on Jan. 28th and accepted on Feb. 2. I have no bars but says it's still being processed. Just got off the phone with IRS and they said I'm under review which can take up to 45 days and doesn't have to start till March 11th. They said I should get either something in the mail or my refund will be DD  in the next 5 days. I'd call and find out. At least you'll know what to be expecting

My "Where's my Refund" just switched from processing to Refund approved as of yesterday and states should be deposited by Febr.27th. Hope this helps
drd2489

I am still getting the same thing. I filed mine early and it was accepted on the 28th. I do have an EITC and everything I read it says it will be deposited on the 27th. So if I don’t wake up to a deposit tomorrow I will definitely be calling because it has been almost a month.

I filed on 1/31 - it was accepted on 1/31 - Still says my return is being processed. Beyond 21 days and when I call to be connected to an agent - an automated response says "sorry call volume too high. call again later". So frustrating
drd2489

I’m hoping they just haven’t updated where’s my return since there’s SO many people waiting. Everyone I’ve talked to is having the same issue! No update and no return.

File jan 31st accepted 31st and it's still processing can't get ahold of anyone at the irs.

Filed mine middle of Jan. Accepted Jan 28th. I now as of Saturday have a deposit date of tomorrow the 27th..sure hope so

It is at least good to know others are still waiting - I don't have EITC or the Additional Child Tax credit... and with a 1/31 acceptance I Just assumed it would come as fast as it always had - within 14 days. Crazy

As of today mine says processing it was accepted on Jan 28 th it’s so frustrating I have no update .
drd2489

Same here. No direct deposit today either. Not sure what is going on!

Same here with no deposit. I heard today was the day too. I filed a month ago & it was accepted on 1/28 too. Got to love the IRS
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies