Solved: Mistake in bank account routing number

kambberry

Mistake in bank account routing number

I put the wrong account number. Routing is correct. However, on my return, I submitted an incorrect account number. What is my best option?

MariaC

Mistake in bank account routing number

Since you have filed, there is no way to change this. What will happen is the bank is going to reject the direct deposit and it will be sent back to the IRS. Once the IRS receives it they will issue a paper check and send it to the address that you put on your return. This process takes 3-6 weeks from when the IRS tries to deposit the check into the account.

MariaC

Mistake in bank account routing number

-VLMG

Mistake in bank account routing number

Can you change your address in the meantime? How many days before they actually send the check exactly?