turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmac9333

Mississippi tax line says if it’s been more than 7 days after e-filing and you haven’t gotten a return then it wasn’t received. TurboTax app says it was accepted. It’s now been rig

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Mississippi tax line says if it’s been more than 7 days after e-filing and you haven’t gotten a return then it wasn’t received. TurboTax app says it was accepted. It’s now been rig

Call the state and ask them about it.

jmac9333

That’s where I found out mine hasn’t been received or processed.

And it definitely says your state return was Accepted?  Not just federal?
You can check your efile status here     <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/">https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/ef...>

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?

It's entirely possible that MS could take more than 7 days to process, regardless of what they say.
Perhaps they meant to allow 7 days to receive a refund after it is actually issued.

And be sure to use just the amount of the state tax refund, not the combined Federal+ State figure that TT gives you.
jmac9333

I’m not a simpleton. My state tax help line says my return hasn’t processed and if your return hasn’t processed after 7 days of e-filing then it wasn’t received. TurboTax app says it was accepted 1/28/19. State says TurboTax is to blame and TurboTax says, you guessed it, the state of Ms. is to blame. I’ve been trying to get help and during that process I ended up here and figured, “What the hell, I’ll try it.

How long will it take to get my refund?

Electronic return filers please allow ten business days [2 calendar weeks] before calling about your refund.  All other returns which are filed early are processed before and usually more quickly than returns filed closer to the due date.  Ordinarily, within ten weeks after we receive your completed return, we will mail your refund check.  Therefore, allow at least ten weeks for your refund to arrive before contacting us.

?https://www.dor.ms.gov/Pages/Individual-FAQs.aspx#2

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies