turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

joypd66
Returning Member

Mac software to amend 2017 and 2018 taxes

I need to amend my 2017 and 2018 taxes. I filled out the form and submit a request to get the Mac software over 40 days ago (and multiple times since).

Each time the website displays this message:
We received your request for a prior year Mac Desktop product so that you may amend your return. We will e-mail you with instructions once the request is complete.
Requests will be completed within 14 calendar days.

I've gotten no email, no phone call, no mail, no download link, and no software.

How do I download the software I need to amend my returns?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Contact customer support during normal business hours.

There is no single published number because it changes contently depending on the nature of the call and agent availability. Following the link below will either give a current number for you to call or take your number for a callback.

(Note that phone support is for paying customers only. There is no phone support for Free Customers.)

Here is a TurboTax FAQ for contacting customer support.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
joypd66
Returning Member

I'm not a paying customer. I've already tried to reach customer support but been denied live chat and phone support for that reason.

Do I need to be a paying customer to amend taxes filed online?

If you don't want to wait and don't mind paying you can buy the full Mac program download for each year here,

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/2018 

Have you downloaded your tax returns as .tax2017 and .tax2018 files?  The amend instructions says how to

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-turbotax-online-return/00/27371 

@joypd66 wrote:

I'm not a paying customer. I've already tried to reach customer support but been denied live chat and phone support for that reason.

Do I need to be a paying customer to amend taxes filed online?

Honestly, since only customer support can assist with this, and the desktop TurboTax deluxe (or higher) is required to amend, then when contacting Customer Support I would simply say that you are calling about the Mac desktop Deluxe version (because that IS what you are asking about) and explain after you get through.

You can also call Intuits main number  1 (800) 446-8848 and ask to be transferred to TurboTax that does not ask those questions although that might take longer.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies