Looks like I can't efile my state returns, but I already paid for state returns. Your system won't let me fix the problem online, so give me a refund

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

EricG1

The fee you paid isn't for e-filing the state return, it was for the preparation. Since you can still print out and mail in the completed state return, we unfortunately cannot refund you the state. You can contact our Product Support line and see if someone might be able to, but chances are they won't be able to. You can, however, still print and file by mail. It takes a couple weeks longer to process, but you would still receive your refund as normal.

Same thing happened to me. Virginia requires I e-file or I would just mail it in. I can't get past the review, it keeps sending back to the same page. Very frustrating. 

S0 now I'm waiting on hold for 30 minutes to see if anyone can help me e-file. Wish me luck...grrrrr

CarissaM

@kmchenry0403 Does it give you any error when it sends you back to the review screen?

No error message. Just that I have to review  - over and over again. And it's only one page to review. 

I wish it gave me an error so I knew what to correct.

Cass0317

@kmchenry0403 Some TurboTax Desktop customers are unable to submit their state return after previously filing their Federal return.

To ensure that there are not any errors preventing you from e-filing, please choose the Review tab and run a final review on your return.

If you're experiencing the issue above after checking for any errors,  please go here to receive email notifications when any updates related to this issue become available.

You can also view this information in the TurboTax Article below:

Why am I not able to e-file my state return after filing my Federal return?

If you are are using the Online version, I would suggest deleting your State return and then re-entering.  Please see the instructions in the link below:

How do I delete my state return in TurboTax Online?

What I've done so far...

1. tried to efile state with my federal. Didn't work.
  2. Filed just federal.
  3. Tried state again about 12 times.
  4. Deleted state and started over.
  5. Tried to file state again and it didn't work.

What I'm given to review is Part 1 Identifying Information. I've reviewed that page at least 20 times. There is nothing to indicate that there is an error much less what it might be. 

This is the text on the Reviewing Your Return page...

"This review searches the return for incomplete information, amounts that may be too high or too low and amounts marked as estimated.  We recommend that you check for any product updates before you finalize this return."

There are no amounts on the page that I'm supposed to be reviewing. And I don't sell products, so what the heck???

JeanneLO

You won't be able to e-file your state tax return until the federal tax return has been accepted by the IRS. If you are using TurboTax online and your federal tax return has been accepted please follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to contact customer support for assistance:  What is the TurboTax phone number?

@kmchenry0403