destinybutler033

Last year I received an advance on my child tax credit can I get that this year too? How do I do it?

Bsch4477

There is no advanced child tax credit in 2022. 

No.   The advanced child tax credit monthly payments were only for tax year 2021.   There are no advance child tax credit payments for 2022.   In fact. the child tax credit is less for 2022.   It reverts back to the $2000 per child amount, as it was before.   The increase was temporary---only for 2021.  When you prepare your 2022 return you can enter your dependents and if you had income earned from working in 2022 you may get the child tax credit and/or the additional child tax credit of up to $2000 per child for children under the age of 17.