turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I've been audited by the State of Kentucky for populating Schedule M section #15. I'm trying to figure out what this would have been in the Turbo tax program.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I've been audited by the State of Kentucky for populating Schedule M section #15. I'm trying to figure out what this would have been in the Turbo tax program.

Kentucky Schedule M line #15 covers state adjustment income from partnerships, S Corps and other income reported on Form K-1.  Amounts entered on this line are subtracted from the Federal Adjusted Gross Income.  The amount originates from entries made in your tax return that were reported on a K-1 form for a business, partnership, trust, or estate.

The first page of Form K-1 has the amounts to report on your federal tax return, but the additional pages often have different amounts to report on state tax returns. From the information you provided, it appears the information entered in your personal tax return may not match what Kentucky received.

You will need to find your original K-1 form to correct the error.   See Kentucky Schedule M for details.

Take a look at the information below for some additional help to resolve this issue.  Every TurboTax return is covered by the TurboTax Audit Guarantee and you may have purchased the optional Audit Support.  The blue links in the article will help you know what to do next. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4204836 

[edit 1/16/18 11:23 AM PST]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies