turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

richkb10

Just wanted to know why I m getting letter stating that I owe money from the state and IRS when I already pay what I owe as shown on my turbo tax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Just wanted to know why I m getting letter stating that I owe money from the state and IRS when I already pay what I owe as shown on my turbo tax

Do you have bank/credit card statements that show that you paid your tax due?   TurboTax never knows how, when or even if you paid your tax due.  Your only proof that you paid will be your own bank/credit card records.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
K523

We just got the same letter in the mail today, but our bank account shows that our tax payment was debited out when we filed. We used the direct debit option. I'm going to have to try calling the IRS on Tuesday I guess since they aren't open before then and try to get through and figure out what's going on, unless TURBOTAX has an answer for us!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies