turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wmwhall

Just want to know why TurboTax took money from my bank account and have not gotten my tax return when it says it will be taken off the tax return

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

Just want to know why TurboTax took money from my bank account and have not gotten my tax return when it says it will be taken off the tax return

There should be information in the email about how to pay your fees to avoid the automatic debit to your account.

You can make a payment here.

If you're not sure what your order number is, you can locate it here.

Please contact us if you need assistance.

When you chose the Refund Processing Service to deduct your fees from your federal tax refund, you agreed to let us debit the fees from your account in the event your refund was insufficient to cover the fees.

Normally, your refund should more than cover any TurboTax fees.

However, there are two situations where the fee may not be covered and a charge (debit) is applied to your account:

• The IRS takes more than 45 days to process your return (For example: if your 1095-A was corrected and your tax return information does not match what the IRS has).
  • The IRS finds an adjustment or deducts other obligations from your return, reducing your refund below what the TurboTax fees are.

This was spelled out in the Refund Processing Agreement you signed:

In addition, by clicking the "I Agree" button below, you electronically sign and authorize Intuit (through its third party processor) to debit the TurboTax Fees, Additional Products and Services Purchased and any applicable sales tax from your bank account number identified in the Agreement below, in the event that you do not receive a tax refund that is sufficient to pay for them.

When we discovered your refund wouldn't be enough to cover your TurboTax fees, we sent you a Request for Payment  email, which had information on alternate ways to pay your TurboTax fees.

If we don't hear from you, we send 2 additional Account Debit Pending  reminder emails.

Finally, when your fees remain unpaid 45 days after your original estimated refund date, we debit your bank account for your TurboTax fees and you receive a Debit to your bank account has been initiatednotification email.

Related Information:

GEN81646

Answered by TurboTax FAQ to this question

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5555598

Lilmomma88
Returning Member

TurboTax just took the money out my account and my refund has been approved and now I wanted to know was they going to take the money off my refund to

Jwilling
Returning Member

TurboTax doesn't care that thousands if not millions of Americans haven't gotten their taxes back DUE TO THE PANDEMIC and not that there's any fault or error in your taxes. They're just here to collect money and will continue to attempt to debit your account regardless of these insane times we're in. My advice? 

NEVER USE TURBO TAX AGAIN!!!

Their fees are downright criminal. You do all of what turbo does for free on credit karma. They also illegally do not give you free options and are being investigated for their criminal business practices. 

It was your choice to use the Refund Processing service which ALL DIY income tax programs offer ... this was never a requirement and I agree the fees are outrageous ... always pay the fees upfront with a CC.

Next ... why pay the fees at all ?   If you qualify the IRS has 10 FREE FILE options ... check it out :   https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

Jwilling
Returning Member

Take away:

DO NOT USE TURBOTAX

Real take away ...  READ all contracts you sign carefully no matter what they are for.   

And FYI ... you got at least 3 email warnings the debit would happen and instructions on how to delay the debit ... your failure to act was on you not the Third Party Bank you contracted with.  TT had nothing to do with it. 

Or TaxAct, H&R Block, Jackson Hewitt, FreeTaxUSA, Free 1040 Tax Return, Online Taxes at OLT.com, TaxSlayer, FileYourTaxes.com, ezTaxReturn.com and 1040NOW.

Use only a paid tax preparer such as a CPA, EA or Tax Attorney.

Jwilling
Returning Member

Jwilling
Returning Member

and FYI 

TurboTax deliberately designs their website to force people into paying for things they don't need to pay for. They built a "free" website when the IRS got on to them for their insane paywall tactics and actually added code to their truly free version that made the site nearly impossible to find. Oh, and it was a completely different name than the TurboTax brand. In short, your company deliberately builds websites and tools to trick people into paying for things that should be free. You're working for the dirtiest most corrupt piece of crap company ever. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xQQkzWhMOc

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies